Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gratitude Journal


A few weeks ago I started a gratitude journal. If you aren't familiar with a gratitude journal, it's basically a journal that I write in each day about what I'm thankful for that day. For example today was "I'm thankful that my awful Patho test is over with and that I didn't fail!"

The idea behind it is to end the day on a positive note, no matter what happened. To always look at the bright side of things. Because no matter what happens, there is so much good and beauty to be thankful for in life. I really encourage you to do this, or just try doing it every day for a month. It will change the way you look at things and the way you think about your day. You'll find yourself starting to look at the positive side of things. It's such a great feeling!

I found a website/blog that is strictly a gratitude journal. She actually writes mini thank you notes to people or objects or event in her life and her entries are pretty entertaining. Check it out!

And speaking of websites, here is another website to look at. It's called "The Happiness Project" and it's based off a book of the same title. The woman who wrote that book decided that what she wanted most out of life was to be happy so she went on a quest and did research about happiness in different cultures. She gives a lot of fun tips and tidbits about what she's learned along her journey.

Don't get me wrong I know you can't be happy and jolly all the time. But who doesn't love to be happy and smiley most of the time? There's just too much to smile about! I think the next project I'm going to take on after my gratitude journal is "random acts of kindness". Do one random act of kindness a day... that'd be so fun!

1 comment:

  1. sash i love this :) i totally agree that it always helps to take time out to be grateful for our blessings! love you friend!

    ReplyDelete