Friday, December 17, 2010

3 semesters down and only 1 more to go!

Things have been a bit crazy the past few weeks like they always are at the end of the semester with finals and all. But thankfully it is all over with! Now, just one more semester to go! I still can't believe that I moved to North Carolina almost a year ago. This year has gone by so fast. Before I know it'll be May and I'll be graduated and moving to Southern California. I'm excited to be done, but a little nervous to go get a job and start real life. I guess it has to be done sometime though... I can't do school forever (as much as I would love to).

I haven't posted much about what's been going on in nursing school so I thought I'd give you a little update.

This semester I had my maternity and pediatric rotations and I really loved both of them. The best thing about maternity was holding little babies all day. I was in heaven; it was the best!! I would love to work in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and be with tiny precious babies all day. But I also had such a great time in my pediatric rotation and I would love to work with kids too. All I know is that I think I want to work with babies or kids, so we'll see where that takes me.

My AWESOME maternity clinical group! I'm going to seriously miss all these girls!

About halfway through the semester most of my nursing school class went out to celebrate. And boy was it a much needed celebration! After a long week packed full of tests and papers everyone let loose and had an amazing time! Our nursing club rented out one of the bars near campus and we had a night of drinking and dancing. It was so much fun to be able to hang out with everyone and not think about school at all. Josh was in town visiting so he was able to meet all the people I've been talking about for the last 10 months and they were all able to meet him. I can not WAIT to do this again!


So excited!! We look like 2 little kids on Christmas morning :)



Part of the gang. P.S. I love all these girls

The next morning (not a good idea) Elizabeth and Josh and I volunteered for Habitat for Humanity. This is something I've always wanted to do so when the opportunity came up I had to do it. The three of us got the lucky job of "roofing". Actually I volunteered for this because I thought it would be so cool to work on the top of a roof. Elizabeth did not share my enthusiasm but she was a great sport about it.

So there we were on the top of the roof of a house hammering on the roofing material. Boy oh boy is this tough work!! I now have a lot more respect for all those construction workers. My back was sore afterward, it got really hot up there and there were a few times when I thought I was going to fall off the roof. I cannot imagine doing this every day for a living. God bless those construction workers!
Roof buddies



The rest of the semester went pretty smoothly. Went to class, 12 hour clinical days, lots of studying and repeat. I'm loving every minute of it and I feel so blessed to have met so many amazing people in the process! I'm going to be sad to leave North Carolina when it's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment