Friday, August 14, 2009

1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

So I'm a little behind on the blogging. I'm going to try to do them more frequently so that they don't end up being so long.

Ok, enough business and now to the fun stuff. Josh and I headed into the city to visit the Aquarium by the Bay on Pier 39. If anybody knows me then they know that I'm not the biggest fan of fish (except Anna's fish Cappy. I love you Cappy, even though at one point I wanted you to die). The reason I don't like fish is that they are really slimey and they have big bug eyes. Plus you can't cuddle up with them like a dog or a cat and I always feel so bad for them because they look so sad trapped in a little tank. When I was in elementary school we had a carnival where you could win coupons for free fish and we won a TON and then they all died within 24 hours and we had to flush them down the toilet. So maybe my fish dislike has to do with my traumatic fish experiences as a kid :).


I'm clearly NOT liking the millions of fish cramped in that lil' tank. EEEWWW!!! Josh on the other hand thought it was cool!

(And as a sidenote, the little Burger King looking paper crowns we are wearing we were handed them when we went into the aquarium and pretty much everyone was wearing them. We aren't THAT big of nerds, well maybe.)


Scary Sharks & Beautiful Jellies

I can't remember the last time I visited an aquarium so it was pretty cool to see all the fish up close. To go through the aquarium you walk through long tunnels of glass and fish and sharks literally surround you EVERYWHERE! I kinda got scared and couldn't help thinking what would happen if the glass tunnels broke. No bueno. I can't believe I used to want to be a marine biologist. What was I thinking? I would have been terrible especially the whole not liking fish part. Oh, and I'm afraid of water. Thank goodness that dream fizzled early.

At the end of all the exhibits there was one part where you could touch a sting ray and a baby shark! I somehow mustered up the courage to touch the sting ray. I have to admit that I was pretty proud of myself for doing that. Josh touched the sting ray and the shark. He has been swimming with sting rays before so I'm sure just touching one was not a big deal to him at all.



Being Silly!


I just can't complete a trip to the Fisherman's Wharf area without stopping by Boudin's. Mmmmm the food is soooo yummmy there! Tomato soup in a bread bowl is my absolute favorite. What a great idea to put soup into an edible bowl. When you get to the bottom and the bread it soaked with soup, well it is just heavenly! Yes, I know, I might be getting a little too into this food, but its really good. So good in fact that I took a picture of it.


Bread Bowl @ Boudin's = Delish!

With satisfied tummies we headed over to Ghiradelli square for a much needed nap. The weather was perfect (which is actually pretty rare for summertime in San Francisco) so we decided to relax and lay in a grassy park as we took in the view of the Golden Gate. It was so relaxing to just lay in the sun and listen to the sounds of the city. I'm pretty sure I actually did end up falling asleep for a few minutes.



Cat Nap Time

I always love a nice day in the city. There is always something new to see and there is just something about the city that makes you feel so energized and alive. There are so many different people and places to see. I love love to people watch and of all places, San Francisco definitely has the most interesting and diverse people to watch which always makes it more entertaining.



1 comment: