Sunday, February 14, 2010

That Darn Cat

Well, it's Valentine's Day and I'm alone... with my cat no less. Jeepers I sound like an old cat lady, but I PROMISE I'm not one, nor will I ever be one. I had originally planned to drive up to Quantico, Virginia this weekend where Josh is doing his OCS (Officer Candidates School) training for the Marines. He gets "liberty" on weekends, which means he gets Saturday afternoon till Sunday afternoon off. But, because of all the recent snow they weren't allowed to leave base so I wouldn't have been able to see him.

So, unfortunately I'm alone on Valentine's Day. Which, is actually fine with me because I'm not the biggest Valentine's Day fan, because I think that there should be a day designated to being romantic and loving. That should happen any day and every day of the year. I did get to talk to Josh which was so great and I'm so thankful for that. We only get to talk on the weekends, so anytime we get to talk is special.

But anyway, my cat Beans is my Valentine for the evening! Lucky me! But honestly he is the funniest cat/dog ever. The reason I say "cat/dog" is because I swear he is more like a dog than he is a cat. He LOVES to be around people and is so friendly. He LOVES water and will sit in the sink just to be near the water. He is just so funny and has been getting into a lot of trouble lately and doing the funniest things.



His latest new fascination (besides the squirrels outside) is the printer. Yes, the printer. When he hears the printer turning on and that paper starting to come out he goes crazy and RUNS to the printer! He tries to grab the paper as it comes out and just stares at it waiting for another piece of paper to come out. It's so funny to watch.

And since he loves to be around people so much he follows me around everywhere. Sometimes I feel like he's my shadow. When I was doing laundry the other day this is what I discovered....


Really Beans? I don't think you'd enjoy a ride in this machine.


Oh, AND he ruined the Valentine I handmade Josh. He knocked it off the table and it broke... that darn cat!! But you can't help but love him and laugh at his funny antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment