Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Surprise!


For my Mom's 50th birthday I flew out to So Cal for her birthday party to surprise her. I'm not the best at keeping secrets and doing surprises, but this one I must say was a big success. My dad and I had been planning it for quite some time (months and months) and I thought for sure my mom was going to suspect something and figure it out. I swear my Mom worked for the CIA or something in a past life because she is so good at putting together the slightest of info.


I LOVE family!

Right before I boarded my flight I told Mom I was going to a movie with friends and that I would call her on her birthday. Little did she know that I would be able to wish her a happy birthday in person. My flight ended up being delayed about 2 hours so I didn't arrive at the airport San Diego until about 11:30 pm. My Uncle Bryan picked me up from the airport and took me to my grandparents house where my parents were staying.

When we got there my Mom was sleeping so I snuck into her room and woke her up. She JUMPED out of bed and yelled "OH MY GOSH!". Then she took another looking at me and said "I'm dreaming" and went back to sleep and pulled the covers over her head. It was soooo funny to see her so surprised and in shock. Operation Surprise was a success!! :) The next morning she kept saying "I still can't believe you're here!"

Mom's party was a lot of fun. We had a bunch of family there and a lot of her friends came too. She even had friends from AZ drive out to celebrate. Every year since I was born we have a traditional "Mom's birthday pic" which includes my mom, my sister and the cake. My dad has a photo album that has every one of these "Mom's birthday pics" from each year. Its super cute. So after our traditional pic we cut the cake and enjoyed the rest of the night.

The Traditional "Mom's Birthday Pic"

I had such a great time and I'm so happy I flew out there to surprise my mom. But let me tell you... a weekend trip from the east coast to the west coast is rough. Especially when you come back and have to jump back into the time change. But it was worth every minute. Who knows what I'll do for my dad's 50th. I'm thinking skydiving... but I think Pop and I can think of something better because that's already been done. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment