Friday, September 25, 2009

Hobnobbin' at Hearst

The "After Party" (Best Buddies bike race cont.)

After the bike race there was a huge celebration at the Hearst Castle. Lots of food, music and celebrities. Ciara performed which was great and Josh and I met David Caruso from CSI Miami. Maureen McCormick (Marsha from the Brady Bunch) was also there. I don't really get starstruck when I see celebrities. For example, when I went to Disneyland when I was little I always stayed away from the characters and princesses. But maybe that's because I was too afraid of them and would just start crying if I saw them coming near me or waving at me. Seriously I did, I am such a wimp.... even sweet innocent lil' Minnie Mouse scared me. But now I think I don't get "starstruck" because I feel like I shouldn't be bothering celebrities or asking them for a picture because they are people too. If I was famous I feel like I would get so tried of people always coming up to me and saying "Oh my gosh I love your show" or "Can I take a picture with you??" However, I would get starstruck if I saw Audrey Hepburn or Giada :).



Josh with David Caruso (notice how open his eyes are; he definitely wasn't gonna blink for this photo like he normally does)



Marsha Marsha Marsha!

Because my dad has participated in the race for every year since it first began we all got VIP tickets to the "after after" party which was actually at Hearst Castle. We took a bus all the way to the top of the hill and amidst the fog we got to tour the castle and hang out there. Because it was foggy it gave the castle such a spooky feel. It was so neat to be there at 10:30 pm when there was not many people there and it was dark and empty. I kind of felt like I was in some sort of haunted mansion.


Neptune Pool at Hearst Castle
(we could have actually swam in it, but it was WAY too cold)


One of Hearst's many libraries


Me in my dream bathroom :)

Josh in the Hearst Movie Theater

I don't know how much you may or may not know about William Randolph Hearst or this ginormous castle he built, but you should really read up on it. It has such an interesting history and background story. Right before we came here Josh and I had coincidentally watched "Citizen Kane" which is based on Hearst. And just a side note, if you have never seen "Citizen Kane" do yourself a favor and have a "Black and White Movie Night" (as Josh and I like to call it) and watch it because it is a classic and it is very good.

After a tiring, but wonderful weekend we drove home up the coast. It was beautiful weather and there were stunning views the whole way home. Below is a just one of many breathtaking views we had. Hopefully I'll get to do the 100 mile race for Best Buddies next year. There is one in Boston that my parents and I might all do together.... can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment