Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!


It is official, I LOOOVE fall!! Especially when you live in a place where there are seasons and the leaves actually change colors and fall off the trees. The other day I was walking and I actually got attacked by falling ginormous leaves, but what a pretty sight. In Arizona it seems like it goes straight from summer to winter with absolutely no fall. But to me, fall means pumpkin!!


I am absolutely in LOVE with anything pumpkin, including that adorable lil baby who I wish I knew :). It just might be my favorite flavor in foods, particularly desserts. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pasta and pumpkin butter... You name it and I love it. So it only makes sense that lately I've been baking a lot of pumpkin things including pumpkin scones, pumpkin chocolate chips cookies, pumpkin pecan bread and pumpkin bars. YUM!!



But if I could recommend anything pumpkin it would be pumpkin butter. You can mix it with cream cheese on a bagel, make a pumpkin pie with it, put it on waffles or pancakes, or use it in my favorite way... in your oatmeal.

Oh and the cute lil' carved pumpkins in the pictures are courtesy of my parents. And that other cute pumpkin is well I don't know who he belongs to, but I'll gladly take him :).

No comments:

Post a Comment