Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lookin' dapper with that mustache

Every year for Father's Day Josh and I give his dad a mustache card and inundate him with as much mustache paraphernalia as we can find (and there is a lot of it out there!).  From mustache mugs, mustache cookie cutters to mustache straws they have it all!  The reason we do this is because Josh's dad has a pretty sweet mustache; so awesome is his stache that neither Josh nor his own mother have seen Mario without a mustache.  I'm not gonna lie I probably would have been really tempted to shave my dad's mustache in the middle of the night just to see what he looked like.  So its probably a good thing that my dad never had one.  

Anyway, I think Mario gets a kick out of it every year and we look forward to it.  In fact, anytime we see something "mustache" during the year we buy it and save it to give to him.  This year I wanted to do something a little different; I wanted to make something mustache.  So I decided to bake a cake in the shape of a mustache.  I channeled my creative juices (which meant googling "mustache cake") and figured out how to create this edible stache.  I was a little skeptical at first, but it turned out great!


The finished product


We surprised Josh's dad with the cake after dinner on Father's Day.  He loved it!! Probably my favorite picture is when he posed with the cake.  It was pretty awesome!  I don't know how I'll outdo myself next year but you can be sure more mustaches will be involved! :)


Mario, his stache and his cake stache
Father-son bonding over tequila shots! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment