Thursday, May 31, 2012

Zoomania


For memorial day weekend my big sis from my sorority, Katie and her husband Brian, came out to visit and hang out with Josh and I for the weekend.  Josh and I love spending time with them; they are so much fun and we all get along so great and have a blast together!

The gang!
 First up on the agenda was the "World Famous" San Diego Zoo.  The last time I had been to the zoo was probably when I was 1 or 2 years old so I don't remember a thing.  The zoo was pretty spectacular.  I never thought animals could be so entertaining and fascinating!  I think we watched the polar bears for a solid 30 minutes.  I even got a couple of really neat videos while we were there.  The polar video is a must watch... we had FRONT row seats when Mr. Polar Bear decided to go for a swim... so amazing!

The thing I was looking forward to the most were the Pandas. Ever since I was in 5th grade when we had to do a "country" report and I picked China, I've had a slight obsession for pandas. They are so adorable and pretty awesome animals. I've never seen a panda in real life in person so I was super excited for the panda exhibit. We ended up having to stand in line for about 15 minutes (I didn't even know lines existed at the zoo) just to see the world famous San Diego pandas. With all the hype that's put on them, I must admit that I was a little disappointed. We only got to see 2 pandas; they were separated in two separate areas. I guess I imagined seeing 4 or 5 pandas living in harmony together in a big open area surrounded by lots of bamboo. But, I learned at the zoo that if the pandas were to be put in the same area they would attack each other... sad right? Nevertheless, it was still pretty cool to see real pandas in real life.


We took a ton of pics, so I'll let the pics (and videos too) speak for themselves.  Side note: I tried uploading the videos but I couldn't get them to work for the life of me.  If anyone can teach me how to upload videos simply I'd very much appreciate it.




Katie and Brian.. love you both!



Brian's attempt at being a flamingo

Pretty handsome zookeepers if you ask me. ;)


I think Mr. Orangutan was my favorite; he looked so wise and serious.  I swear he was staring into my soul... One deep dude!



Just hanging out; I swear these gorillas act like people in gorilla costumes.
  





After the zoo, the four of us had an amazing dinner on the bay at Josh and I's favorite restaurant.  The next day the beach was on the agenda.  We couldn't let Katie and Brian leave California without spending some quality time at the beach.  There's nothing like a little sun, sand and surf to make your trip to California complete.  The long weekend went by so fast.  I hate it when that happens.  But we had such a great time with Katie and Brian!  You both are welcome ANYTIME!  Oh, and if anyone else ever wants to come visit Sunny San Diego, Josh and I love visitors!  To all my Arizona friends who are currently enduring 108 degrees summer days, its been in the mid-70s here lately... just saying :). 



P.S. I'm testing a new method to put my videos up, so if they don't work bear with me while I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment