Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Flowers

It's spring and the flowers have bloomed!  I've been wanting to plant a garden for a long time, but just haven't because our patio doesn't get much sun in the winter and I didn't think any flowers would survive.  Now that our patio is bright and sunny most of the day I figured it would be the perfect time to try some planting.

Josh and I headed to Home Depot (our new favorite store now that we are homeowners) and picked out some flowers and herbs.  We are complete novices when it comes to gardening and we were clueless when it came to what supplies we needed.  But we managed to get what we needed and we planted away.




The finished product looks great; we now have a big pot of flowers and an herb garden.  I love seeing those bright flowers and being able to use fresh herbs in cooking.  The upkeep is a bit of work though.  Which each passing day I'm more convinced that I don't have a green thumb.  I water them everyday but still they don't look as good as they did the first day we planted them.  I'm just hoping they make it through the summer.  Next time I think I'm going to plant some succulents, which I think I might have a better chance at keeping alive.



The finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment